ByBox is proud of the role it plays in providing a technical and logistical support service incorporating locker sales and associated software services, 'in night' distribution, stock deployment,in house repairs of electronic goods and on-site replacement of IT hardware. As such it seeks to provide a safe, comfortable and high-quality working environment, together with adequate supplies and reliable sources of energy and water to sustain its activities, also to procure and manage these supplies and their use in the most cost-effective manner consistent with the organisations wider objectives and the resources available.
ByBox is committed to:
• Continually improve energy performance;
• Providing the necessary management resources to deliver this policy; and
• Compliance with energy management legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to its business.
It is the aim of this policy to:
• Avoid unnecessary expenditure;
• Improve cost effectiveness in producing a comfortable working environment;
• Increase awareness of energy issues and help reduce energy consumption wherever possible;
• Protect the environment by minimising C02 emissions;
• Whenever possible, obtain energy from sustainable sources; and
• Conform to the organisation's Environmental Policy.
In order to improve energy performance ByBox will:
• Define specific roles and responsibilities for energy management;
• Set and review energy objectives and performance targets;
• Ensure the availability of information and resources to achieve the objectives and targets;
• Identify cost-effective energy efficiency measures;
• Raise awareness of energy costs and consumption;
• Ensure competency in the energy efficient use of plant and equipment; and
• Establish guidelines for procurement of energy efficient products, services, equipment and buildings.
ByBox will also:
• Review this policy on an annual basis, taking into account changes in legislation and business operation, to ensure its continued effectiveness.
• Communicate this policy to all employees and ensure they are given the education, training and motivation to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
• Make this policy available when requested to other interested parties.