ByBox is committed to protecting your privacy. Data Protection Legislation governs the handling of all personal data by ByBox. ByBox is entirely committed to complying with Data Protection Legislation in order to protect the personal privacy of all individuals whose data we hold. This privacy statement explains what personal data ByBox collects from you, through our interactions with you and through our products, and how we use, disclose and store that data.
The data controller of our website, services and applications is ByBox Holdings Limited whose registered office is Winchester House, Oxford Science Park, Heatley Road, Oxford, England, OX4 4GE. Our company registration number is 4130988. Our nominated Data Protection Representative dealing with data protection issues is Mark Bromwell CTO.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Email address
- Phone number
- Job title
- Business address
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
ByBox collects data to operate effectively and provide you with the best experience. You may provide us with data by filling out our contact form.
We obtain some of this data by recording how you interact with us, by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers [such as Google];
- advertising networks based inside and outside the EU; and
- search information providers, such as:
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators based outside the EU
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources [such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
How We Use Personal Data
We will only use the personal information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To operate effectively and perform any contractual obligations
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests
- Notifying you of information relating to our products and services
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Storage of Personal Information
Personal data collected by us will be evaluated periodically to determine whether we should continue to hold it. You will be notified from time to time through our mailings of the continued use of your personal data and be given the opportunity to notify us if you do not wish to continue to receive mailings.
We will not be exporting your data outside the European Union and will only be storing the information supplied by you together with details of the activities you have undertaken with us and mailings we have sent to you on your data file.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We share your personal data with the relevant personnel within ByBox to deal with your enquiry. We also share data with subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect the rights or property of ByBox.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred
- In order to enforce or apply contractual terms, to investigate potential breaches or to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers and others (this may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- Where this is required by law or where this is necessary for the performance of a service we provide to you.
We may provide aggregate statistics about customers, sales, traffic partners and related site information to reputable third party vendors but these will not include any personally identifying information.
Protection of personal information
ByBox takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We hold your personal data via a Secure CRM.
YOUR COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM US
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased [goods or services] from us [or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion] and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from ByBox by email or telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in those messages.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
*Should you elect to ‘opt out’, our standard policy is to retain personal data, for marketing purposes, for no longer than 2 years (from the date of ‘opt out’).
*If you are a customer please refer to our Third Party Data Protection Policy (Data Retention Section).
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require ByBox to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require ByBox to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where ByBox is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
You can read more about these rights here - https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information- being-handled-correctly/.
HOW TO ACCESS AND CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL DATA
For personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose, including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if ByBox is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by law (if this is the case we will notify you and inform you that we are refusing your request and the reason(s) why).
You can contact ByBox by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to requests to access or delete your personal data within one month.
RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
ByBox tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspect of ByBox’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed.
Should you wish to lodge a complaint about the way ByBox is handling your personal information, you are able to raise your concerns with the ICO (the supervisory body). You can do this through their website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/.