In accordance with its duty under Section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and in fulfilling its obligations to both employees and the public who may be affected by its activities; the Chief Executive Office of ByBox Holdings Limited incorporating ByBox Field Support has produced the following policy statement in respect of occupational health and safety.
It is our aim so far as reasonably practicable to achieve a safe working environment which is free of work-related injury and ill-health including any damage to building infrastructure and equipment. To this end, we will pursue continuing improvements from year to year. Within the framework of ISO 45001:2018 we undertake to discharge our statutory duties by:
- Complying with applicable legal requirements, and with other requirements to which the company subscribes that relate to its Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems.
- Identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing the risks related to them and implementing appropriate measures in accordance with the hierarchy of control.
- Providing and maintaining safe working equipment and enforce safe methods of work.
- Recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, abilities, and knowledge commensurate with their role and level of responsibility.
- Ensuring that tasks given to employees are within their competency to perform.
- Ensuring that competence is maintained through the provision of refresher and job-specific training as appropriate.
- Promoting awareness of good practice in Occupational Health and Safety through the effective consultation and communications of relevant information, ensuring all persons within the organisation are made aware of their individual Occupational Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Ensure appropriate communication and information is provided to visitors, contractors, and other interested parties to site to ensure their understanding and adherence to the company Occupational Health and Safety Policy and Site Rules.
- Identifying opportunities and needs for continual improvement of Occupational Health & Safety performance and the prevention of injury and ill health.
- Furnishing sufficient resources needed to meet these objectives.
- Ensuring that health and safety will not be compromised for other objectives.
All employees on their part are encouraged to participate in the identification of hazards and contribute actively towards achieving a work environment that is free of accidents, incidents, and ill health.
Our Occupational Health and Safety Policy will be reviewed periodically to monitor its effectiveness and to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the organisation.
This statement works in conjunction with the responsibilities and arrangements that make up the broader Health and Safety procedure documentation.
Click here for a copy of this statement.